Assign client to invoice

Hi

When I clone an invoice I can not assign a different client to that invoice and this is interesting because it would allow you to use an invoice as a template for another invoice of a similar project.

If I have an invoice assigned to a client, I can not change the client of the invoice.

If I delete an invoice I can not use the id of that invoice in a new one. This breaks the continuity of invoices numbering. Would it be interesting an option to permanently remove invoices?

• You should be able to change the client of a cloned invoice. Are you self hosting or using invoiceninja.com, if self hosting which version are you using?

• This is by design. We track the client’s balance, changing an invoice’s client would affect the balances of two clients which we don’t support. You’d need to clone the invoice and then delete the old one.

• We keep all records to ensure referential integrity. If you need to re-use an invoice number you’d need to restore the deleted invoice and change the invoice number to make it useable by another invoice.

– You should be able to change the client of a cloned invoice. Are you self hosting or using invoiceninja.com, if self hosting which version are you using? I was wrong

– This is by design. We track the client’s balance, changing an invoice’s client would affect the balances of two clients which we don’t support. You’d need to clone the invoice and then delete the old one. ok

– We keep all records to ensure referential integrity. If you need to re-use an invoice number you’d need to restore the deleted invoice and change the invoice number to make it useable by another invoice. ok, thanks