500 Internal server error [After installation running fine for +5 days]

Well I tossed in the towel and give up.:scream:

The script ate all server memory again, this time without us even trying to access InvoiceNinja’s URL. To fix this we had to hard reboot the server all over again. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The script simply used up the servers memory slowly over the day by idling and just allocating more and more server memory until the server crashed.

So to protect our other business applications etc. I had to delete the whole thing after the server came online again.

Quite a shame though, because your script itself is nice. We just couldn’t figure this one out and solve the issues.

Maybe we will setup a separate VPS server and attempt again later at time point.

Thank again though for attempting to assist with the issue. It is very appreciated. :smiley:

Kind regards
AngryWarrior.

Hi @david and @hillel

What would your recommendation be for minimum/optimal system requirements of a VPS server to function well without a hitch with running InvoiceNinja?

• Minimum server memory needed?

• Minimum number of CPU cores?

• Minimum disk space?

Thanks in advance. :+1:

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

@AngryWarrior

I would suggest using a quality provider such as DigitalOcean or Linode. From There I would suggest starting with one of their 1Gb plans which should be more than sufficient to get started… As your dataset grows - you can simply scale up.

A 1Gb plan should suit most self hosted users - we also have Invoice Ninja running on some shared hosting plans and it certainly is functional even at that level.

Thanks for the reply @david

Our company already have provider as for this.
We just want to know the requirements for your software to function properly on a server.

Could you please tell how much memory and cores for the server that is needed please?

Thanks again.
Kind regards
AngryWarrior

Its impossible to give a definitive answer without knowing how many concurrent users you intend to have, how big your dataset is etc etc.

Also server quality makes a massive difference so a 1Gb 1Core VPS with one provider could be vastly superior to a 2Gb 2Core VPS From another provider.

The only really way to manage this is by starting small and working your way up if you start to see performance issues. Like I said, InvoiceNinja is very happy on a 1Gb 1 Core server.

Thanks for the reply @david

So one user to three users e.g. the accounting department generating invoices to customers now and then?

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

If you are only generating a couple of invoices per day and 1Gb instance will be more than enough.

Ok, perfect.

Thank you for your kind help David. :+1: :smiley:

Kind regards
AngryWarrior